That's right, Miss Elliott Delaney turned two years old. Although we didn't have a birthday party, we did have a fun weekend. (I know there are a lot of pictures here, but I am feeling a little guilty that we didn't do more to celebrate. It's starting to be a theme with Elliott's birthday.)
Nana (my mom) and Les joined us for the fun weekend. On Saturday we took them to Sea World- Nana's first time ever and Les' first time in many years. Kind of funny that Elliott was turning two and this was her third time to go!
Elliott started the day off cranky. Sort of an "it's my party and I'll cry if I want to" attitude. Also she has developed a new fear of those large costumed characters, which didn't help. But then we made it to the Viva! show and she started to enjoy the day. Abbey was thrilled to see this show again.
The very colorful Viva! show features dolphins, Beluga whales and acrobats.*
Of course the highlight of the day was seeing Shamu. This was toward the end of the day and everyone was hot and tired. But when the killer whales start splashing people (not us!) with their tails it's hard to be grumpy. Elliott was even chanting "Cham-oo! Cham-oo!
I told Elliott Shamu was saying "Happy birthday" to her.*
AWESOME!*Overall, it was a fun day despite some of these moments...
The next day we had Elliott's mini party.
Elliott doesn't really like cake- something about the texture- so I made her a giant chocolate chip cookie with M&Ms. It was so good!
Abbey gave her the first present and a sweet kiss, though I'm not sure what's going on in this picture. Elliott was making some great sound effects through all of this. When she opened this colorful fold-out Maisy book from Abbey she said, "Oooooh! Maisy!"
"Tank ou Abbey."
More presents please! (Think she loved the Dora doll?!)
Quite excited about some markers and paper.*I sometimes can't believe she is already two years old! It is easy to forget when she is so tiny and still wants to be held a lot. But then she fires off a three word sentence or climbs on top of the kitchen table or pitches a huge fit and I remember, oh yeah, she is two! We're so blessed to have our healthy, beautiful, hilarious little girl.
Of course this weekend was also Mother's Day and for the first time in years, I got to celebrate it with my mother! There's nothing like having kids to make you appreciate your own mommy. I am thankful for everything my mom has done for me and still does for my family. I hope all my mommy friends out there had a great Mother's Day, or at least a good enough day that you didn't wonder why you had kids in the first place! :)






6 comments:
Happy Birthday, Elliott! Looks like a fun day - and a great cookie. :)
What a beautiful birthday girl! Sounds like a great day out - I'd love to see an orca do that. (I am glad to hear it's not only my toddler who is unhappy in public places, and isn't afraid of letting everyone know about her feelings.) I'm looking forward to seeing some more photos of Elliot on her racing turtle! I liked that birthday cookie. Possum had a 'pizza cookie' for her 10th birthday. Glad you had a lovely mother's day too.
Happy Birthday, Miss Elliott!! What a big, beautiful girl you are getting to be!
Sounds like an eventful 2nd birthday! Wish we could have shared in the Sea World festivities.
Wish we could have been there to celebrate. Elliott looks like a super model baby in that picture where the caption is something about being a beautiful, happy girl. I guess she is going out of the cute phase and becoming beautiful!
Love the title Tenancious E! Happy Birthday to Elliott...hard to believe they are growing up sooo fast!
Post a Comment