Translation: Her finger prints are like mystery tracks.
It was going well until my neighbor walked up to the fence to say hello. I turned my head for about five seconds and...
I am not sure if Elliott has ever done finger painting before, other than with food. She really liked it. She used a brush also.
So yes, we had fun despite the messiness. It did take somewhat of a downward turn when we went to rinse our hands off with the water hose. The hose made some mud, which they also got into and started flinging at each other. Not cool. Then we went inside for a bath and while I was wiping the mud and paint off the bathroom floor, Elliott poured a bunch of water on the floor. I wondered if maybe she was just trying to help me clean up, but then later she poured out the dog's water bowl and I concluded she was really just in a messy mood. It may be a while before we get out the finger paints again!
7 comments:
You have to do these things every now and then, but the clean-up always makes me think twice.
We finger paint with soap - mix a cup of coap flakes with a few drops of food color and just enough water to make it 'goopy'. Spread it over aa flat surface. Draw pictures, then make a 'print' of them by pressing paper over the design. Wipe the picture away and start again.
And the best part is that the soap flakes make cleaning up that little bit easier (also deter toddlers from trying to eat the 'paint'.)
those girls are so adorable! love the finger painting!
That looks like some fantastic fun!!!
LOVE the green hands :)
Aaaah....another mom like me...does it make a mess? Then you get to do it once a week...well, okay once a month. ;)
P-R-E-C-I-O-U-S post. Love those cute girls.
You call that a mess?! After talking to you on the phone that night, I was expecting so much more...
Oh no no no. The pictures do not even begin to capture all the mess because at that point I had to put the camera away. Abbey had green paint all over both arms up to the elbow, Elliott's shirt was covered in paint, and they were still dripping mud when we got into the bathroom. Ugh.
Post a Comment