Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Children's Museum

This weekend we went to the Children's Museum. There were so many things to do! I hope to go back another time when it's not so busy/loud and maybe Abbey can actually learn something. But for this trip, it was enough to play and have fun.

This was so weird. You stand in front of a blue background and see yourself on the screen, surrounded by drums. When you wave your hands around and "hit" the drums, they make different sounds. It was fun doing it, but more fun watching other people act crazy!

A family jam session

See, you would totally think someone was nuts if you couldn't see the screen.

Chad and Abbey drove a real front loader! For about 10 feet, anyway.

Don't you think the hard hat goes especially well with her pink dress?

Elliott would have stayed right here all day...

... but we reminded her we had to harvest the corn.

Would someone puh-leaze get me my hard hat?

I don't remember why this xylophone was on the train, but Elliott thought it was fun.

After being in Japan for three years, it was so nice to go to a place like this and be able to read everything in English! We are looking forward to many more adventures in our new hometown.

5 comments:

debi9kids said...

This looks like such a fun time! We have one of those places not too far from here and I keep saying I will go sometime... maybe when I only have my two toddlers...

Mum-me said...

The girls (and husband) certainly looked like they enjoyed themselves.

Sounds like a place we have here called Questacon. The kids just love it, and they have a huge section just for the under 6yr age group.

It's fun to explore a new city. Probably the best part about a new posting, for me.

Flip-flop Mama said...

I'm impressed you know what a front loader is. Porter always corrects me when I use the wrong term for a construction vehicle! And Elliott is starting young with the keyboard. . future blogger on your hands :)

Kristine said...

I need one of those magic blue screens at my house. That would be great entertainment at a party. It's great that you've discovered the fun at the children's museum.

jordan said...

What a fun looking place! We'll take you guys to Explora, the children's science museum, whenever you come visit Albuquerque. It is fun, but that place had lots of things I've never seen before.