Thursday, September 4, 2008

Back to School



Abbey has missed preschool so much the last 3 months. And admittedly, I have too! I have not been thrilled with the choices, or should I say lack of choices, of preschools that are close by, and briefly considered putting her in pre-K at the school she will be attending next year. But in the end, five full days a week of pre-K just seemed like too much for either of us. So she is going three mornings a week. Click here for a blast from the past- Abbey's very first day of preschool last year.
Reading books before school. I think Elliott was saying, "I get Mom to myself all morning?!"












A classic Abbey face- sweet and shy.














A close up of her purple unicorn backpack. Thanks, cousin Jessica!









Abbey, what do you really think about going to school?
It was a good first day- she held my hand tightly as we walked in, but then hugged me and said, "Bye Mommy!" There were no tears from either of us, though Elliott was quite sad to see her big sis go. I did get misty eyed when we picked Abbey up- she immediately hugged Elliott, who kept smiling and patting her on the back. Abbey is looking forward to going back, so I guess she liked it!

4 comments:

bcstark said...

Glad her first day went well! It's nice to see photos from your neck of the woods again. :)

Kristine said...

Glad that preschool has been fun so far for Abbey. She'll make some great friends fast.

Anonymous said...

Yeah for Abbey! She is growing up.

Enjoy your new school year Abbey-chan! :)

Mum-me said...

If she is looking forward to going back she must have enjoyed her first day! Hope the enthusiasm remains fresh every pre-school day.

It is nice for Elliot to have some one-on-one time with mummy.