Actually, it was fun, just exhausting. Last Saturday I went back, this time with Chad and the girls, who no longer need a stroller. (We still took a small stroller but it was more of a coat rack on wheels. Elliott only sat in it on the way to the car at the end of the day when she had fallen asleep.)
The Chinese lion dance started off the day. It is really cool! The dancers are children and teenagers, and you can tell they have practiced a lot. I think Abbey was even more impressed by it this time, because she could see how closely the partners have to work together.
Elliott wrote her name on her paper hat. If you look closely you can see she has an interesting way of ordering the letters but I think it's pretty darn good for being 3-1/2!
Abbey drew bunnies on her samurai hat. Doesn't she look fierce?!
Between me, Chad, and Elliott we ate: chicken with rice and chicken with flatbread from Pakistan; 2 egg rolls; 1 California roll; 1 fried banana; and 1 crab rangoon. Abbey is a less adventurous eater and had a string cheese we brought from home. We wrapped up the day by watching some more dancing (Iraqi, Burmese and Indian) and having a bubble drink.
Happy Year of the Rabbit!

2 comments:
I am so, so jealous! We did Chinese New Year in London last weekend (I will blog soon) but there were so many people, it was hard to see anything, the only food we had was awful...you get the idea. It is hard to believe that San Antonio does Chinese New Year better than an international city like London! I love Elliott's way back picture...sniff,sniff, I remember when they were so little,
I am loving your frequent blogging. You are putting me to shame! I'm very impressed that Elliott can write her name. That's AWESOME for 3 1/2! You have 2 smart girls on your hands!
Post a Comment