We saw most of the animals we were looking for, including the lory birds. Abbey was so excited to show Nana how to feed the lories. Then she got surprised by one flapping up behind her and she spun around, spilling most of her tiny container of lory nectar (which cost $1.25, for goodness sakes). So we had to make due with the one Elliott had.
The butterfly exhibit was closed for the season so we had to use our imaginations.
This elephant was so happy to see us that she waved hello!
When it comes to outings with my kids, I never really do know if we are going to have fun. Sometimes we go to one of their favorite places, and it's still a bad day with lots of whining and complaining. So I was thankful that we truly did have a good time at the zoo with Nana! We were dangerously close to a pre-lunch meltdown, but once I ate something, I was better. ;0)
4 comments:
Who is WE that loves the color pink? :)
Great pics of the zoo! I wish we lived closer to one!
Looks like a fun day! You are so lucky to have Nana so close now. We went to the zoo on the same day that you blogged about the zoo...just not quite the same one.
You are so lucky to be so close to your Mom now. How could there be any meltdowns with Nana around?
I think we went to the zoo while you were blogging about it, how funny.
Post a Comment