Our very cold weather continued into February, fortunately without any more frozen precipitation. My talented friend Sarah made Elliott this hat to help keep her warm.
And we celebrated Valentine's Day. I don't really like Valentine's Day and Chad is not supposed to get me anything. But as my little valentines get older, it becomes more fun to celebrate as a family. So I made a giant, delicious, heart-shaped chocolate chip cookie, and we all shared things that we love about each other. Both the cookie and the sharing were sweet.
The girls were very excited about celebrating at school with their friends, too. Abbey decided the boys in her class would not like valentines with fairies on them, so she only gave those to the girls and made the ones for the boys!
Elliott is growing up fast and learning new things every day. She is trying hard to write her name:
And I managed to get her interested in building with blocks by suggesting she build a house for her (Littlest Pet Shop) pets:
That about wraps up this month. Wow, five blog posts from me in one month! That's better than I have been doing lately. Stay tuned soon for the most important event in February, Abbey's birthday!
2 comments:
This month seemed to fly by for me too! Love this pictures.
How thoughtful of Abbey to make valentines for the boys so they didn't have to receive fairy ones! And Elliott is doing a super job of writing her name!
Post a Comment