Saturday, June 20, 2009

Cats Game

Last week Abbey went to a baseball game. Not her first baseball game, since we took her to a Tokyo Yakult Swallows baseball game last year. (Read about it HERE.) But her first American baseball game, which has to count for something. My mom and step-dad took her to see the (minor league) Fort Worth Cats play the Lincoln Saltdogs. (No, I don't know what a Saltdog is either, and I used to live in Nebraska! Any Midwestern friends with a clue please help us out.) They said she was so good during the whole game and insisted that they stay until the end- she didn't go to bed until 10:30! Here are some pictures of their fun night (all photos courtesy of Les).


The Cats mascot, Dodger, gives some paw. Abbey LOVED Dodger...

... and was thrilled to meet him. (That's her pink glove and hat sticking out there.)

See, Saltdogs. I am not making this up.

Abbey and Les hope for a foul ball.

Abbey shows off the ball that a player threw her!
Thanks Nana and Les for taking her out for such a fun night! She had so much fun watching the game, and the other entertainment, and asking questions and eating ice cream, she wasn't even sure who won. (Not the Cats.) Now that she has been to a game and has a cool glove, I think she is definitely hooked on baseball.

2 comments:

Mum-me said...

What a special time for Abbey. And how nice you got to enjoy it too via photos!

Rachel Kerbel said...

what fun! there is something about baseball in America during summer time! I love all your posts:)