Saturday, June 27, 2009

Catching Up

The last few weeks have been busy. Here are some of the things the girls have been up to lately.
Elliott continues to amaze me every day with the things she says and understands. She keeps us laughing with the funny things she says, and then makes us laugh more by joining in with a big, silly laugh. One of her favorite new phrases is, "How 'bout that?" She can take her own clothes off and enjoys doing so all the time. She is full into the "Me do it!" stage and wants to get in and out of the car seat herself, put toothpaste on the toothbrush, and will absolutely freak out if you don't let her push the door shut. Such a big girl!

Hard at work...



... and shopping with her friend.

The next two pictures were taken on the same day.


"Pretty Pink Princess" Elliott


"I Promise I'm Not Raising Her As a Boy" Elliott

Abbey has been busy too. This month she finished another semester at the Little Gym and did a great job during their "show class." It was fun to see her try new things and become more confident over time.
Abbey and her sweet teacher Ms. Jessie.

We also had the last day of school- the last day of preschool forever! My baby will soon be a kindergartener! I think this year has been great for Abbey. I think she would have been shell shocked by kindergarten without this year. She made some sweet friends, and honestly, I would be lost right now if it wasn't for my preschool Mom friends.

Abbey drew enough pictures to wallpaper the whole house during this year of preschool. Every day when I picked her up she would have one each for me, Daddy and Elliott.

With Ms. Darlene and Ms. Maria.

This week she went to a different type of school, Vacation Bible School. She had such a good time! Every day she told me something new she learned. I have so many memories of VBS as a kid and have helped with VBS in South Texas, Missouri, Honduras and Japan, so I guess you could say I like it too... although next year I think I will do something a little more fun than help in the nursery. :0)

Excited for Crazy Hair Day at VBS.

Okay. That is some of what has been going on here. Abbey would also want you to know that she went to her first wedding, which you can read about here on Dara's blog (the bride is my cousin). It was the most wonderful-magical-beautiful event Abbey had ever attended. I think she's ready to have a wedding now... I think we'll get through kindergarten first.

3 comments:

Mum-me said...

Wow you have been busy. Abbey is really going to know all her sports. Isn't is fun watching a toddler develop into a little girl?

bcstark said...

Loved the two dress-up photos - Elliott has some versatility in her wardrobe. :)

jordan said...

So many fun things! I can't believe our little girls are going to be in kindergarten soon! And our baby girls are talking and full of big girl "I can do it!" attitude!