Now, if we could just do something about the weather... whoever decided that baseball season should start in April clearly did not live in Texas. It was 94 (34 C) and windy during the first practice and the kids spent as much time at the water cooler as they did on the field.... but it was still fun. Stay tuned for action shots!
Thursday, April 30, 2009
Play Ball!
Abbey enjoyed playing soccer and basketball so much she wanted to try baseball too. Here is our little Astro before her first practice, along with her team mascot, Elliott. After the first practice, Abbey said she didn't really like it. But when pressed a little more, I learned she was disappointed they didn't get to hit the ball! I assured her they would be using the bats next time, and that catching and throwing are also important in baseball. She did in fact get to hit the ball off the T during the second practice and was very happy. We have always thought she has a great throwing arm and now I think we may have a slugger on our hands as well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sounds like yucky weather. I laughed at "...along with her team mascot, Elliott." Cute that Elliot wants to wear the same uniform as Abbey!
I have enjoyed catching up on your blog! I love the new look!
Post a Comment