Friday, April 17, 2009

Puddle Jumpers

It doesn't rain much here, meaning splashy puddles and, more importantly, adorable rain coats are a rare sighting. So we spent Thursday afternoon outside enjoying the lovely weather!

Elliott tells us to hurry up: "Mon, Mommy, Mon, Abbey!"


"Elliott, this is a puddle..."

After splashing for a while they made Rock-Gravel-Leaf Soup.


There is no way I am getting my paws wet.

Yaaaaay!

Truly my girls on the go.
Just so you know, we were playing in a cul-de-sac, which Abbey calls a sul-de-cac, they were not out in the middle of a street! We were outside for about an hour, and saw no other people. I started to have a lonely, pity party sort of moment... but then I heard the girls laughing and having fun and snapped out of it. While writing this, I remembered this post. I am still thankful that I can be with my kids out in the puddles than just about anywhere without them!

8 comments:

Flip-flop Mama said...

so cute!

Heather said...

Love the "new look." I am working on some changes,too...when I have time...HA! The girls are SO cute! What fun! Hang in there!

Kristine said...

The simplicity of jumping into puddles... such fun! I love the header photo of the girls!

debi9kids said...

OMGosh! How adorable! I just LOVE how blissfully they are playing in the rain. So cute!

ps The new look here is so cute. LOVE the header pic!!!!

Andrea said...

I love the new layout as well. That picture at the top is precious, and I'm sure that Chad appreciates seeing his girls in action. When my kids were younger and they were happy and laughing I would take that as an affirmation that I was a successful mother. All of you young mothers are doing such an important job of raising happy, healthy and confident children - so take heart in your successes. You are making the world a better place for us all. I love you, Aunt Andrea

Mum-me said...

Your new colours and photo look great!

The puddlel-games look like lots of fun. You're a rare mum who will let her girls play in the wet.

I wish it would rain here so we can run in the rain. We only seem to get sudden, short and violent rainstorms occasionally rather than nice gentle showers.

jordan said...

I love the new look, the great pics and I'm glad you are back to blogging, at least occassionally..

Stephenie said...

Oh, Bethany, they're so precious. So glad you continue to enjoy your moments with them. Miss you guys.