Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Say cheese

Abbey has been interested in taking pictures for a long time. She will pretend different objects are cameras and hound you until you smile and say cheese. A while back Chad finally let her take some pictures with our digital camera. One day after that I let her use it for about 5 minutes and then discovered she had taken 100 pictures! Seriously! I laughed until I cried looking back through them, she had photographed anything and everything she could see. Here are a few of my favorites she has taken lately.

Here she posed her buddies Santa Penguin and Eagle (beagle) dog in their "rocket ships" (shoes) so they could blast off after the photo session.


She managed to put the camera in multi-burst mode, which is why there are 16 frames, but I thought it was so funny that she took her self-portrait in the bathroom mirror.

Any guesses as to what this is? It's a close-up of a lamp in our temporary apartment in Japan. Interesting perspective and lighting, no?

This is what happens when little girls take the camera without asking. (No, I did not leave the house wearing this lovely ensemble.)

By far Abbey's favorites subjects are her toys and her baby sister. While the baby dolls never seem to mind, sometimes Elliott is not quite so willing to have her picture taken.

Good thing she changes her mind quickly.


Nana and Les came to see us over the weekend, providing Abbey with the perfect opportunity to take her first family portrait!


This girl definitely keeps us laughing... and I already know what she's getting for Christmas!

8 comments:

Flip-flop Mama said...

I loved the photo in your lovely ensemble. . .how fun that you posted the pics she took!

Mum-me said...

Cute photos, and probably the cutest photographer for miles around too!

My Possum did the same thing the first few times we allowed her to use the digital camera - hundreds of photos in just minutes. Hilarious.

Shelly said...

THAT is funny! I think she might have a future in Photography. Just this week I was visiting a friend who just had a baby and her oldest daughter (around 5, I think) has a Fisher Price camera that is DIGITAL! It looks like a kid camera and it has a tiny little screen on the back of it. I think it is like 1 megapixel, but it's a good starter camera. I don't know, it looks like Abbey might already be past that. :-)

deatra said...

so funny...i especially love the ones of elliott!

Amanda said...

lol, a few of those are really good! She's artsy before her time! ;)

Emily said...

I personally find your ensemble lovely. If one of my kids ever got a hold of the camera and took MY picture...oy.

Libby said...

I love your Hawaii pictures! We'll have to go sometime. Sounds like a lot of fun.

Jen said...

Abbey's photos are great! Only one cut off head (yours). She has a good eye for composition. You may have a future artist on your hands. *grin*