Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Remember when...?

I have seen this meme or game or whatever you want to call it on a couple of blogs that I read and I think it's fun. Also I am not having a super-duper week so far and could use something to laugh about. Here are the directions.
1. As a comment on my blog, leave 1 memory you and I have shared together. It doesn't mater how old or new the memory is, just something you and I have shared. And, for my blogging friends, if we have yet to meet, leave me a comment letting me know something I have posted that was "memorable" to you. And since my blog is mostly about my girls, you could also share a memory about one of them.
2. If you want to play along, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory! If you leave a memory about me, I will assume you are playing and will come to your blog and leave one about you!
Have fun... preferably not at my expense. :0)

12 comments:

debi9kids said...

Bethany, Sorry to hear you aren't having a great week :(
Hmmm, I honestly don't remember how we "met" , although I suppose if you found me, I followed you back ;)
I come from a military family and my brother is serving in the Air Force, so I was immediatey drawn to your family. I so admire the sacrifices of military families.
I think my favorite post has to have been when you took the girls out to dinner (can't remember where, but you had to take lots of trains & lots of walking to get there) Anyway, I just loved how you described the entire adventure, down to the ladies in the restaurant fawning all over your blue-eyed gorgeous girls.
I always look so forward to reading about your family and absolutely love when you show videos of the girls.
: Debi

Shelly said...

Okay, I'm probably not going to play right now, but I'll pick this up when I go through another blogging drought with nothing to write about. I don't have any memories of you from when we were younger (none that are blog-worthy anyway) but I sure wish I did because you are hysterical. So I'll remind you about one of your blogs that STILL makes me laugh to this day--"Treasure! Treasure! Where's my treasure? Gotta keep - On - looking til we find that treasure - ARGH!!!" That was precious.

Andrea said...

I will never forget the time when you were about 3 that I decided to show you how to make jelly - or let you sit on the counter while I made it. It takes a lot of sugar to make jelly, and I was letting you pour the sugar into the pan, but you didn't want to put enough in. You kept telling me, that's probably enough. So diet conscious at such a young age. Then there was the time, to borrow a memory, that your Aunt Teresa offered you a homemade cookie during a movie, but you declined because you had just brushed your teeth! You've always been unique - and I love you!

Flip-flop Mama said...

Well I have a lot of memories Bethany, so I'm not sure how to pick one. . .let's start with me going up to you and meeting you at church bc you looked like a nice mom with a little girl about my girls age and I needed mommy friends, and then there's our first outing. . Panera Bread, and many mornings sitting at my little table eating muffins, and of course the nursing at the zoo memory, and here's a sad one. . the last time I saw you :( I guess this makes me think that memories don't have to be big events. . just the everday things!

Koinerfamily said...

I was sitting here trying to think of a memory that is blog worthy and I thought of a few funny things, but couldn't think of one particular thing until I finally thought about when I had a sleepover. So, everyone tried not to be the first one to go to sleep, but you happened to be the first one... so Christi thought she'd be funny and play some tricks on you. They were silly and so were we, but now it is definitely more funny than it was to you then.

Bethany said...

Debi- You were the first person I didn't actually know to comment on my blog- I knew I had truly entered the blog world!
Shelly- I'm glad you didn't ask your mom for any memories of Bethany in 2nd grade... and if you did please don't share them here!
Mandy- Yes, it is funnier now than it was then. :0)
Emily- I knew you would say when we were nursing the girls at the zoo!

bcstark said...

I still can't believe I did that to you at that sleepover, Bethany! I remember realizing a couple of years later how dumb that was. Ahh, hindsight! :)

I don't know if I have any specific memories... I'm getting old and forgetful!

Jennifer said...

Bethany--I think my most vivid memory of you was when you told me you were pregnant with Abbey. I remember that you were complaining of being tired, and I said "Maybe you are pregnant" and you told me you were. Or something like that. My memory is not all that great because of some meds I take, but that's how I remember the conversation going.

I'm sorry you are having a bad week. I hope that it brightens up soon!

Mum-me said...

I remember finding you through Debi's blogroll. I was happy to 'meet' someone who could truly understand what it's like being married to a military man. I remember how annoyed I was, on your behalf, that your husband's work committments were rescheduled after you had organised the baby's dedication, and how I imagined you must have felt having to go out the front of the congregation on your own.

I always look forward to reading your posts, but my favourites so far have been the Japanese flower festival, and the Hawaiian Kyaking adventure.

Amanda said...

Like you said I really didn't get a chance to know you all that well, but I do remember on trips to Soul Quest how you'd always be in the "other van." I soon realized that the other van seemed to be full of the more mature people, and I was stuck in the rowdy boys' van with my boyfriend (not that I particularly minded at the time - I was smitten you know!) ;)

Hide and Seek said...

I remember playing cards during lunch and study hall with you and Terry and that girl who looked like the actress who played Punky Brewster. We played a game called Kent where you had to signal your partner when you had made a book, and the best signal ever was something like: Look at the door and scream, OMG! is that Johnny Depp?!!

But here is one that is about you, but you would not know about. I remember the first couple of days at William James going in to the lunch room and being completely overwhelmed by all of the people and the choices and the people. I sat at a table with some people who came from my elementary school, Morton Wendell and Scottie Little, and I was looking around and saw you at a table with some girls and was like: Okay, those girls are going to be my friends. And eventually you were, and still are sixteen years later :).

jordan said...

I remember one of the first days I met you, after you had just moved into your first house in Japan. We were both outside with our toddler girls (now both big sisters!) and Abbey said "turtle," pointing to something with a turtle on it and I was so impressed with that! My Sophia took her time talking, but then made up for it since! But I still remember Abbey saying, "turtle."