Monday, September 24, 2007

Oh, Abbey

It really must be hard being 3 years old. (It's definitely hard being the mom of a 3 year old.) One minute, you want to be a big kid, and the next you want to be a baby. For example, this morning, Abbey went happily off to school and had a great morning. Then she woke up early from her nap and would not stop screaming! It was that kind of cry that I thought meant she was being eaten by a monster, or at the very least having a nightmare about being eaten by a monster... But then I went up to her room, and she continued the screaming, so I'm pretty sure she was just mad that I had left the room after she fell asleep. Even once she sort of calmed down, she wanted to be carried down the stairs along with Elliott (there's an ER visit waiting to happen) and HAD to sit in my lap once I sat down. Aaaahhh!
But despite the trials and tribulations of Abbey's life, she keeps us laughing. This morning we were all in our bedroom and I wanted to make sure Chad was watching Elliott (lying on the bed) while I went to the bathroom, and said, "You are watching her, right?" Abbey responded with a very confident, "Sure!" And after she left for school I was picking up the floor to vacuum and found Elliott's Bumbo chair full of Abbey's friends, waiting comfortably for her to come home and play with them. Or perhaps they were just keeping Elliott from sitting in the chair. So that's your glimpse into the world of Abbey for today.
Of course I can watch Elliott. What, you don't trust me?!
I think Abbey thinks I am ALWAYS snuggling and kissing Elliott. I try to keep the PDA to a minimum around Big Sister but look at those sweet cheeks!
Pink lamb, grey kitty, pirate bear and Osito the bear snuggle up with a book.

2 comments:

La Rosa said...

Okay, so Ellitoo's head is as big as Abbey's. That's cute.

Dara said...

Aww we have the same bumbo.