Elliott and her maraca on a better day.
Abbey is a bit more serious about music- no instrument eating allowed! We did two semesters of Kindermusik classes where her teacher would often say, "Perfect!" about her beat-keeping skills. (Had to brag a little there.) And she remembers song lyrics after just a couple times of hearing them. Of course, she is 3, so sometimes her interpretation of the lyrics is interesting, like when she sings "The B-L-E-L-E, yes that's the book for me, I stand alone in the word of God, the B-L-E-L-E." She also narrates what she is doing to the tune of songs she knows. (I would give an example of this, but it actually drives me a little crazy, so I can't remember any specifics.) Abbey likes to distribute her instruments to each of us and have us sing together. For some reason it's often Jingle Bells, regardless of the season, so if you ever have a hankering for holiday sing-a-longs, just stop by!
No comments:
Post a Comment