Although this blog is about the Girls on the Go, we do sort of have a third child in our family. That would be Chico, our dog. As you can see, Chico is a pug. Some people think pugs are ugly, and that it's okay to say this as long as you say "They're so ugly that they're cute!" I think this is silly. Some pugs are not cute. But some, like Chico, are adorable! Even in their old age. I know I have blogged about Chico before, like this post and this post, but I don't know if I have ever mentioned how much Abbey loves Chico. She is definitely an animal person- she has never met a dog or cat she didn't like (which was very scary to me when she was little) and she sometimes prefers hanging out with people's pets over the people that we are visiting. So any time I see a shirt with a pug, I just have to get it for her. Here she is in her latest shirts, proclaiming that "Pugs Need Hugs." Elliott's shirt says "I Love Puppies" and has a sparkly silver pug on it. Good enough reason for a school morning photo op!

Two silly girls and one silly dog.
Best Buddies!
I should mention that Chico also loves Abbey. She is his second favorite person, after Chad. I am a distant third, and I probably only outrank Elliott (who drops a lot of food on the floor) because I am the only one who remembers to give him water. Chico will sit in the recliner with Abbey and will give her kisses when she pets him. I love that Abbey is sweet to him and understanding of how to treat animals. So go ahead, go find a pug, and give them a hug.
1 comment:
I love it! Every time we see a pug, real or on a shirt, we talk about Chico and the rest of your family too. We hug pugs!
Post a Comment