When we lived in Japan, I had the opportunity to meet with some lovely Japanese ladies for conversation, aka English lessons. I would not say I was teaching them English, at least not in a very structured way, but rather talking about whatever interested us that day, and helping them to say things the right way in English. I am quite sure I benefited from these lessons as much or more than my students- they explained so much to me about life in Japan! I "inherited" two of my students from my friend Jordan when she moved away, and I am so glad that she asked me if I would like to teach them. Both of those ladies became my friends. One of these ladies, Yuri, was visiting family here in Texas and I got to see her this week! What a small world. Though Abbey and Elliott did not remember Yuri, they were very sweet and happy to see her. Yuri, of course, was amazed at how much they have grown in almost two years.
Here are our attempts at getting a good group picture.
This is my "Take the picture, Chad, and make YOUR child stop being difficult" look.
More fun with cranky Elliott.
Yeah! I love everyone's smiles.Of course saying good-bye to friends is always a part of military life, and I know that, but it is still hard. So I am very thankful for the opportunity to see any friends from Nebraska or Japan here in Texas! Thanks again for coming Yuri- we were so glad to see you. :0)
1 comment:
Oh, I wish I wish I wish I could have been there! I'm so glad that you were able to see each other and have a nice visit though.
Post a Comment