Sunday, April 25, 2010

Say What? Sunday

Once again I have slacked off on taking pictures of the girls. But, I have been writing down some funny things they have said lately. I'm going to try and make "Say What? Sunday" a regular on the blog... no promises... I know things kids say aren't usually as funny if you aren't there, so sorry if it's boring, but I want to remember the things they say. :0)
Elliott makes me laugh all the time with things she says and does, her facial expressions, and of course, her dancing. Which is good because when she is not being funny, she is often being like this:

Elliott practices passive resistance by being floppy and saying "no" to everything.


One morning she insisted that I stop whatever I was doing to come have a "pic-a-nic" with her in the living room. I found it funny that she was wearing sparkly blue Cinderella shoes for this pic-a-nic. Our conversation went something like this.
E: Here is some pizza for you Mommy, (it's) very sour.
Me: Sour pizza? I don't know if I want that.
E: Yes! If you eat all your break-tiss, and lunch and dinner, you get a treat!
Me: What kind of treat?
E: A MUSHROOM!!!
And then there was the morning I had just gotten her out of bed and was changing her diaper. She looked right at me and out of the blue said, "Speaking of bananas..."
Well, it made me laugh.

Gotta love this grin!

4 comments:

deatra said...

I'm so glad you're writing those funny things down. You think you will remember them, but you forget so much (at least I did)!

La Rosa said...

Mushrooms as a treat? She just may be on to something there.

debi9kids said...

LOL...too funny! If I were you, I'd have to be using "speaking of bananas" as an inside family joke conversation starter ;)

ps The girl's name when i was pregnant with Alex, was Emma. It took me 10 years to finally get an Emma :)

jordan said...

Speaking of bananas, I don't think they are at all boring when you aren't there to hear them. I love those silly kid sayings!