Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Sea World, again

A couple weeks ago Abbey had an early dismissal, and Chad had the day off. Sounds like as good a reason as any to go to Sea World! This trip was a perfect example of why we love having season passes- we only went to one show, had a great afternoon, and still made it home in time for dinner (so that Mommy could escape to Bunco night, but that is another story). In other words, we had fun, but not so much fun that Elliott became un-fun.
It was great weather, but more crowded than I expected. A friend explained to me later that many of the crowds were Mexican tourists enjoying the end of their Semana Santa (their post-Easter holy week). Since I didn't want to get stuck sitting in the "splash zone," I went to save seats for the one show we did attend, while Chad took the girls to look at the flamingos and ducks- bless him, I think those birds are SO boring.


Abbey does her best duck call.


Happy Elliott, still sporting her big band-aid


We also spent more time than usual in the children's play area. That's me and Elliott in the middle on a pirate ship. Chad snapped this picture when he and Abbey were making their way over to us through the tunnel. I'm glad he didn't drop the camera.


Ahoy!


Abbey was really proud of herself!


After that, a treat was obviously in order. And for just $1 more, you can have five extra sprinkles an extra topping on your ice cream and get it in a Shamu bowl.



Then on to the show. The last time or two we visited Sea World, their dolphin and beluga whale show was closed, much to Abbey's disappointment. So she was excited to see the new show, called, "Azul." (Chad and I find it sounds more impressive if you suddenly turn your head to one side and dramatically whisper, "Azuuuuuuuuuuuuul.")


"Mommy, I know the sun is in your eyes too, but I'm going to need these."


Yay for dolphins!
Abbey likes to go down front and try to meet some of the animal trainers after the show, but she never looks happy when we take her picture. It really was her idea!

With the actor/acrobat/swimmer who steals the show. Abbey calls him "The Silly Guy."


A real-life synchronized swimmer and stunt diver. Is he a bird? Lizard? I don't know.
It was a fun afternoon! Thanks again Mom and Les for the passes!

2 comments:

bcstark said...

That looks so fun. Did you know I've never been to Sea World, not once in my entire life? Travesty, I know. :)

Glad you all had a great time - and Jackson does the same thing as Abbey, where he asks to have his photo taken with someone and then looks completely miserable.

gardeniagirl said...

Sea World. The magic of the place still astounds me.