On Abbey's (sort-of) birthday (since it wasn't a Leap Year), I brought donuts to her classmates and we celebrated at home. From her grandparents she got a gold cross, some Lego Friends sets, a card game called Spot It, her favorite magazine subscription renewed, and the promise of a ride in a real horse-drawn carriage when we visited Nana at spring break! Chad and I got her a watch, a DVD and book, and told her she would get a second horse riding lesson in the near future. She loved all of it! I love how the older she gets the more definite interests she has- it is fun and exciting to give her a gift that will really be special to her.
Elliott made this card for Abbey herself. She used a catalog picture of Molly (Abbey's American Girl) celebrating her birthday!
"Nim's Island" on DVD. We also gave her the book. They are both great!
That weekend we had her "Rainbow Painting Party." On the invitations we listed the location as "Somewhere Under the Rainbow." Turns out that's also where you could find the snacks- a rainbow of fruits and veggies, with a pot of golden potato chips.
Abbey made the rainbow herself.
It was quite breezy and this took a LOT of tape!
For an activity we were going to be outside painting. I had seen this simple and pretty way to protect the fence from a friend's Facebook post... you don't have to be creative if you know creative people! Chad did a great job getting the plastic tablecloths up on the fence in the wind, it only took a quick trip to Lowe's to purchase a staple gun.
Nine little artists hard at work.
Abbey's cat
Elliott's very happy painting
Chico soaking up the sun
It was a fun day for all the girls and though it was very busy for me, the girls are all old enough that I got to enjoy the party a little too. I was thankful for the perfect outside painting weather, and for Chad and my friends Nila and Andrea, they helped so much. Abbey has some sweet (and artistic!) friends and felt very special.
Happy birthday, Abbey!
4 comments:
Looks like a perfect rainbow-arty party. The plastic tableclothes on the fence are a great idea and so bright and pretty too! I have made several rainbow cakes like that you did. They always look very impressive. I thought the white cloud cupcakes were a lovely addition. Happy belated birthday to Abbey.
I love this party idea and I think you're brave for trying it! I have figured out that I would rather just overpay some crazy kid place to do all the work so we can just show up.
Such a great idea, and looks like the girls all had a lot of fun. Chico appears to be supervising the girls while they're painting!
Such a great idea - looks like the girls had a lot of fun. Chico appears to be supervising the girls while they're painting!
Post a Comment