Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Easter 2013

We had a happy and blessed Easter this year. Since the Easter bunny knew that Abbey and Elliott would be getting a bunch of candy earlier in the weekend, he (she?) brought the girls only a little candy, and some other interesting things. Here is Elliott modeling her new gardening gloves... 


And here you can see Abbey's marigolds, ready to be planted!


So cute and spring-y, ready for church.

In the afternoon, I had the girls fill their own plastic eggs, then I hid them. It didn't take long to find them but they had fun.


And after that we went out to plant what the Easter bunny had brought all of us. Two rows of tiny marigolds and a lantana. None of the Girls on the Go are all that fond of digging in the dirt, but we worked together and were happy with the result! 

It was a happy Easter and I am thankful for all the kinds of new life God gives us! 

1 comment:

Mum-me said...

That's a nice idea for the EB to give plants for Easter. (Might not work so well as we're heading into winter, though.) The rows of marigolds look lovely, but I was surprised to read that you'd planted a lantana. Those things are considered a noxious weed here and take over whole swathes of bushland. They do have really pretty flowers, though.