Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Take Me Out to the Ball Game

Sometimes being in the Air Force Band is pretty cool. Like when you get to play the national anthem at a major league baseball game and then get free tickets to the game. This was the case over Mother's Day weekend. It worked out so that the tour Chad was on with the band ended in Arlington, TX, home of the Texas Rangers, and also the city where Chad and I first met almost 12 years ago. (Awwwwww.) The girls and I were able to go to the game along with my mom and stepdad, who are big Rangers fans. I had not been to the Ballpark at Arlington since I was in high school, or to a baseball game since we saw the Tokyo Swallows game three years ago, and I didn't know if the girls would think it was fun. But seeing your dad march out on to the big field is pretty cool!

The band sounded great, of course. There's a video below.

Then Chad joined us in the stands. The band had scored some good seats, and since they were playing the Yankees, it was an exciting game.

First time seeing Daddy in 11 days! They were happy to see him. No idea why Abbey kept making this face. Maybe those sunglasses were so dark she couldn't see?

Here are the Girls on the Go with Nana and Les. They made sure the girls were properly outfitted for the game, and even bought them their first ever cotton candy!

Let's go Rangers, let's go!

It was a fun evening. The game got off to an exciting start with a couple of home runs, and even though we didn't stay and cheer them on for the whole game, the Rangers still managed to win. I think Elliott's favorite part was shelling peanuts for the grown-ups to eat.
Here is the littlest Rangers fan a few days later, showing off her shirt, her style. :0)


And here is the video of the band. The quality isn't great but you get the idea. I am so proud of my husband, and I'm always glad for an opportunity to hear him play!

No comments: