Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Princess Dairies

If you know me at all, you know that I am not a girly-girl. I do not ever wear pink, and I am not crazy about the whole princess thing. I want my girls to stand up for themselves, and not be too worried about looks, and know that they don't need a guy to rescue them. I give Abbey a version of this spiel and she looks at me like I'm crazy. Fortunately there are some smart and tough princesses out there (Belle, Tiana, Rapunzel) to balance out the damsels in distress.
Last week, we were going in to Chick-Fil-A when Abbey saw the poster for Princess Night. And she remembered and asked me about it every day for almost a week! So we went. Here are my beautiful (and strong and smart!) princesses, ready to go.


Doesn't Abbey make a lovely Cinderella?

(Even though she has never seen that movie.)


I don't think I have to worry too much about Elliott being independent. We actually have a very pretty pink and gold princess dress, but she insisted on wearing this one. It is too big for her and not decorated in any way. But she wore it proudly with a lot of accessories! Her purse looks like a rose and she carried a crepe paper rose from preschool, so I present to you....


Princess Flower!


Fortunately (for me) the restaurant was not mobbed by princesses. We ate and enjoyed looking at the other little girls in costumes. There was one little boy who was dressed up as Woody from Toy Story, which made me laugh.


Photo op with Snow White, Princess Cow and big Cinderella.





When we left, Abbey was a little disappointed that all she got was a princess ducky and a sparkly bracelet. But I asked her, "Wasn't it still more fun than eating our own chicken nuggets at home in our regular clothes?" and she agreed that it was.


The princesses are loaded up in the royal carriage, ready for the ride back to the palace.


It actually was fun, and the girls were in a better mood than they usually are at dinner time, and I got a Chick-Fil-A wrap and lemonade out of it! (Heather, I thought of you!)

3 comments:

gardeniagirl said...

Cute! What a fun idea! I'm surprised there weren't more people!

deatra said...

I absolutely love the pictures of the girls in the embrace of the big cow! So glad you went and had a good time. What a great idea!

Les said...

those pictures are so cute! not only are they princesses, they are angels!!! (right?)