We were able to spend Mother's Day weekend with my Mom and we celebrated Elliott's birthday as well.
Ready for brownies with chocolate frosting- her request.
Thanks Nana and Les for making Elliott's birthday special even though the weekend was so busy! And I want to mention one of the gifts my mom got for Elliott- a subscription to Highlights High Five magazine. Elliott was so excited to get her first issue in the mail and has "read" it to me many times in the car already. It's a great magazine if you are looking for something like that for a 3-5 year old.
Once home from our weekend at Nana's, we got ready to celebrate some more. For the first time in her life, Chad was home on Elliott's actual birthday. (Yes, he has been out of town for work on her big day three years in a row.) She got a birthday crown at preschool and was happy that her friends sang to her. In the afternoon she helped me put up some streamers and waited impatiently for Abbey to get home from school. Then when Chad and Abbey did get home we could not find candles for the cake anywhere. She was actually willing to wait for Chad to go to the store and get some.
Abbey liked the strawberry shortcake too.
She loves Pinkalicious! We sat down and read it twice.
I love my smart, talkative, funny, stubborn, loving, imaginative girl! Happy 4th birthday, Elliott!
3 comments:
Happy Birthday Elliot!
She has changed so much since I started reading your blog - so grown up now!
Simple birthdays sound like a great idea .... maybe someone should whisper that idea to my girls.
Happy birthday, Elliott!
Happy Birthday to Elliott! I wish we could be there to celebrate with her. I'm sure that Daddy being home was the best present of all. My mom also gets highlights magazines for my girls! They look forward to getting their own mail each month and reading their special magazines. I miss you all!
Post a Comment