Friday, February 27, 2009

Checking in with Elliott

Elliott had a weight check on Friday. She has gained a whopping one pound in the last three months, bringing her up to 20 pounds 6 ounces (at 21 months). I really do feed her! She is just quite petite.

Well, she may not be filling out her clothes much more, but she is developing by leaps and bounds every day. I think someone must have told her that she will soon be 2, because she has started some Terrible Twos behaviors. She tells us "No" and "stop it" often, and has started swatting at me or Abbey when she's frustrated. We have always said that Elliott knows what she wants, and lately it's which parent she wants to do things- she will say, "No, no, m'daddy doot!" (my daddy do it) We try not to be swayed by her cute-ness, lest she become even more bossy. She is doing some cute and funny things too, like when she's playing with a baby doll, she will rock it sweetly before smooshing it onto a pillow and yelling, "Nap!" (No, that is not how I put her down for a nap!) She also will clean up the baby's dirty diaper, also known as a "stinky bacho." She often smiles and waves to strangers (if they don't get too close) and has been going to Bible class without too much crying. And one of her favorite new activities is wearing Abbey's clothes and accessories.

Elliott got a bronze medal for the Interesting Outfit competition.


Wearing Abbey's soccer shirt to basketball practice.

Both girls are wearing the clothes Nana got Abbey for her birthday. The one Elliott is wearing is actually a shirt!

A funny story from the grocery store. The other day both girls were in a two-seater shopping cart, fussing and fighting over a box of animal crackers. We passed the same older lady several times, and she just had to comment on them each time. The last time we passed her, she looked at a yelling Elliott, and proclaimed, "He's all boy!" Because, you know, little girls never make any noise in the grocery store, and also, little boys wear BRIGHT PINK shirts.
This is the second post all about Elliott that I have done in the last month, but I will make up for it by posting all about Abbey's birthday celebrations soon!

5 comments:

Mum-me said...

The old lady must have thought little 'brother' was wearing big sister's hand-me-downs!

I'm not good converting pounds to kilos, but I remember that Ducky was 10pound 7ounces at birth, so that gives me a bit of an idea of how petite Elliot is! Don't let it worry you. As long as she's doing all the normal things at the right times (and she sounds a bit advanced with her talking) then she'll be fine.

Bethany said...

Ducky was a big baby! Elliott is between 9 and 9.5 kilos and is 77 cm for you metrics out there.

jordan said...

Well I checked your blog today wondering if there were any new Abbey birthday blogs yet, but I'm definitely not disappointed with Elliott's instead! It sounds like she is growing, so you must be feeding her a little bit, at least. I wonder how she and Tessa will get along when they finally meet. Tessa likes to swat at whatever also (mostly just air), so hopefully they won't be swatting each other!

Shelly said...

Your blog is hysterical, as always. I particularly love the one (several blogs back) about the bad week of no blogging because your kids were driving you nuts. That is greatness. If it makes you feel any better, I feel like Avery is already going through the terrible twos and she is only 15 1/2 months!!!! Something changed when she turned one. But I have to say that with the increasing frequency of tantrums, there has been an equal increase in the frequency of the laughs that she gives me. Sounds like that's the same for you. My friend Theresa tells me all the time to not laugh at her (when she is acting in a way that is undesirable). That is REALLY hard for me. They are just soo funny.

debi9kids said...

OMGosh! Just crazy how much they have changed since I started to read your blog! Elliot was just a little baby! She's a KID now! WOW!