Anyway... it was fun and the weather held for all outdoor activities.
First was the Easter egg hunt at our church. Both girls had a good time finding eggs, doing crafts and seeing their friends.
One of the best parts was holding the bunny! If you want to see them holding the bunny two years ago, and be shocked at how much Elliott has grown since then, click HERE.
Fun with Daddy!
Although I am not crafty or good at making cute food, even I could not mess up these Easter egg nest cookies. They were cute and yummy! (They are chocolate oat no-bake cookies with M&M speckled egg candies.) Since I refused to buy any Easter candy for eating before the actual day, the girls had to console themselves by eating the nest cookies.
Easter morning our little chicks were excited to see what the Easter Bunny brought. We don't go all crazy with Easter baskets here since that is not what's important on that day!
A chocolate bunny for a silly bunny!
After church, lunch and some rest time, it was time for an egg hunt in the backyard.
Chico was glad to assist.
When we came in and counted their eggs, Abbey had gotten more than her half. I told her to go hide the "surplus" in the yard again for Elliott to find. I thought she might fuss about it, but she had so much fun hiding them she didn't mind! Then everyone was happy. Especially Chad, who got his once a year Reese's egg!
Say Reese's!
(Photo by Abbey, who doesn't like peanut butter.)
2 comments:
Great Easter fun! I love that they get to hold a real bunny and I loved seeing the comparison from a previous Easter. Also, way to go Abbey for being a great big sister and rehiding all the extra eggs for Elliott!
I know we continued to find eggs for days in our house, but I'm pretty sure it was from the girls continuing to hide them!
Oh my goodness, Elliott really has grown a lot since the previous picture! Maybe next time she can hold the bunny. Also, Abbey is getting to be quite the photographer.
Post a Comment