Happy New Year! Or should I say, new school year. Happy or sad, it's a big day for all the families who started back to school this week. Both of my girls were excited and ready. Abbey was also sad that she wouldn't be staying home playing all day, and nervous about starting in a new school (since we moved to a different part of town earlier this year). We had started getting up earlier the week before school started and had a day or two of going through the morning routine. A big change this year is that Elliott would have to be dressed, fed, and ready at the same time as Abbey. On the first day, I woke them up a few minutes early to be able to take the very important first day of school pictures. They were excited enough that they woke up and got ready quickly.
First day of pre-K and second grade
My beautiful, smart, studious Abbey
My very excited, super cute Elliott
Notice I am not wearing mascara, in case I cried!
They are all saying "First Day of School"
The morning went off without a hitch. Everyone got to the right place on time and no one cried. I don't think I have ever cried on the first day, I am much more nervous than sad. Things seemed to be running smoothly at the school, which made me feel more at ease. Both girls were happy when I picked them up. And the first day wouldn't be complete without...
Ice cream!
It was a good first day and has overall been a good first week. I am proud of my girls, and so thankful for their nice teachers! We are looking forward to a busy year of fun and learning.
2 comments:
Glad they had a good first day, and first week, at school. Hope mornings continue to run smoothly for you. I find it strange to think of beginning the school year in August!
They both looked so lovely for the first day of school! And I liked getting a glimpse of the new house! I like the front door, at least.
Post a Comment