Sunday, August 29, 2010

First Week of First Grade

Abbey started first grade! As summer vacation was coming to an end, she was not very excited about school starting again, but once we went to "Meet the Teacher" night she was much happier about it. She has had a great- and busy- first week. But before I show you any pictures, I am going to annoy you with share with you the song that has been stuck in my head all week. It's from the Veggie Tales Jonah movie.

Now Billy Joe McGuffrey was a really clumsy kid.
On the first day of first grade, I'll tell you what he did.
He tripped over a pencil box and flew up in the air,
Landed on a kangaroo who pulled out all his hair.

He needed first aide, in the first grade.
First aide, in the first grade.
First aide, in the first grade.
You could buy a zoo with all the doctor bills he paid.

I feel better now, don't you? :0) Here is the star student before walking to school on Monday morning.


So beautiful! Can't believe she is so big!

Elliott was excited for Abbey too.

Almost there. Though I don't look it in this picture, I like walking Abbey to school and I'm thankful we live so close.


She got a little nervous when she saw her teacher but was still happy. Elliott was not so sure anymore.

After school on the first day, we went to get ice cream, just like we did on the first (and last) day of kindergarten. What can I say, it's a great tradition! She told us about what things that were different than kindergarten- for starters, they have desks, not tables!


Full of new first grade wisdom, and chocolate ice cream.

Abbey had two very loose teeth and I told her I bet she would be the first one in her class to lose a tooth. I was right! When she woke up on Tuesday, one of the teeth was gone! Guess the tooth fairy was already in the neighborhood and knew that tooth was ready to go.






And then when we picked her up from school on Friday, she had lost another one during lunch- her first top tooth to fall out. So she is officially a snaggletoothed, big-kid, first grader, whether or not her mommy is ready for such things!


Still beautiful!


I am thankful that she likes her teacher, relieved that the first week went well, and most of all, I'm proud of Abbey!




2 comments:

gardeniagirl said...

Oh, I love that she lost her first tooth on the first week of first grade!

jordan said...

What a cute snaggle tooth look!