Our first night in town we stopped by a park on the shipping channel side of the island. We saw a few local fisherman, waiting patiently for their dinner.
I noticed this piece of dried fish skin, and showed it to Elliott. She thought it was great and carried it around the rest of the time we were at the park. You can click on the picture to enlarge.
"Da skin of a fish. Can I keep it?"
Then it was off to the sno-cone stand. Elliott will eat a bowl of plain crushed ice, so I knew she would love it. I did not expect Abbey to get so excited about it and make such a huge mess- by the end it was all over her white shirt and even on her knees- but thankfully it all came out. Note to self: Do not take kids to get red sno-cones when wearing white shirts.
I think 'wild' may refer to the effect on their behavior.
There were lots of places around town for taking silly tourist pictures.
Another thing that we saw all over town was terrible spelling and grammar! I am quick to notice a typo, and actually started making a list of all of these. They were all on large signs and websites for local businesses.
Whopping cranes Are those bigger than regular whooping cranes?
Boggie boards Boogie boards that bog you down, perhaps?
Streamed broccoli I prefer my broccoli in one piece.
Cathces of the day Hey guyth! Leth go cath some fish!
Sandles Hopefully not candles that smell like feet.
Place to walk there pets There, their, they're. I guess they had a 1 in 3 chance.
A going out FOR business sale Wow. Just... Wow.
All in all we had a good time on our trip, and it was a great way to end the summer!
4 comments:
Those are hilarious spelling errors! I don't remember seeing those. But have you see ryans facebook profile picture? It's in the shark's mouth...
Your list makes me realize we MUST travel together sometime. :)
That picture of Elliott with the fish skin looks like Abbey! I never saw much resemblance between them(other than blond hair, light skin) but I had to look closely under that hat to see that it really was Elliott and you weren't sneaking in an old picture of Abbey.
Also, I to luv finding hilaryus spelin airs and cannot umagine wy sumwon wood not dubel chek there spelin befor making an akchual sine, aah!
A couple weeks ago I let Kaitlyn Joy have her first snow cone. I wasn't brave enough to to go for a color though. She had clear strawberry. However... if they are going to eat one with color a white shirt is probably a good idea because you can bleach it if needed.
Post a Comment