Sunday, July 18, 2010

Summer time, when the living's busy

Summer break is halfway over and I have hardly blogged about the girls at all. That is because it is hard to blog about them when they are ALWAYS with you. I didn't realize how much I had gotten used to Abbey being at school all day until she was home all day, bossing her sister around to the point where said sister starts biting. And there is a lot of what I call "sister wrestling," which is similar to how brothers wrestle but involves more tickling and hair pulling. So we try to stay busy with seeing friends, taking swimming lessons, and other typical summer stuff. Here are a few random pictures from the last few weeks.
We've been...

trying to pose four kids for a good-bye picture...

making s'mores with chocolate graham crackers...

sleeping in a new bed...


beating the heat by pretending it's cold...



going to the playground...




and relaxing the way only sisters can.

The second half of summer break is not going to slow down any. There are more fun things to do, and I also have things to do for MOPS that consume all of my "free time" (which I don't really have because as I mentioned they are always home!). But I miss blogging, and I get tired of being nagged by a certain person who may or may not be my mother, so I will try and get back on the blog wagon. Hope everyone is having a great summer so far!

3 comments:

Mum-me said...

I just had a read through your last several posts. Whales and seals sound like fun. And your holiday photos were great! Wish you could send a little warm breeze this way, it's too cold here.

deatra said...

If that certain person has nagged, I'm sure it has been done in love, and represents the feelings of all the loyal readers of this very entertaining blog, who, although we have grown to love Popeye the Seal deeply, are eager to read about the latest adventures of the Newman Girls on the Go!

jordan said...

Oh, I do understand. I have school work to do as well as two girls that are alwasy there and my poor blog has been completely neglected. I wish we lived closer and could trade off some time with the girls! Wouldn't that be interesting, though. Four girls sister wrestling...tickling, laughing, pulling hair, crying.