Last week we spent a day in New Braunfels at Landa Park. I will admit that a major reason we went there was to be able to eat dinner at Chuy's Tex Mex y Mas on the way home. :0) But whatever our reasons, we had fun. Well, as much fun as we ever have when we are out and about with two heat-sensitive little girls.
Actual conversation: "Mommy, I'm hot." "No, you are warm. You will be hot later."There is a really nice playground there, which we took advantage of before it got way too hot. Then time for a picnic lunch. Abbey asked several times if she could feed her sandwich to a squirrel.
Chad smiles through the pain of trying to get Abbey to eat her sandwich.We took a ride around the park on the mini train, and Elliott fell asleep. When she woke up, we perked them back up with popsicles and then headed to the miniature golf course.
Elliott gives it a try. After a while we had to take away her metal club before someone got seriously injured.
Abbey meticulously setting up her shot.We weren't prepared to go swimming in the spring fed pool, so we walked along the edge of the stream, looking for a good place to wade. The ducks and geese take this as a sign you want to feed them. We also weren't prepared to feed them, but thankfully someone shared some bread with us.

Aaaah. Finally a duck-free place to cool off.
And yes, we did end the day at Chuy's. It was yummy and definitely more relaxing than the rest of our day! I leave you with "Bethany Meets Karate Elvis."
2 comments:
I'd TOTALLY plan an excursion around Chuy's - I love it! Anytime we're in the vicinity of one I always bug Brian to go.
It sounds like y'all had a great trip despite the heat - I'm motivated now to let Jackson try mini-golfing. :-D
Oh Bethany, you crack me up!
Post a Comment