Friday, June 18, 2010

It's Super Abbey!

Hello there, blogosphere! I am still alive and well. The last three weeks have been a busy blur. Abbey's last day of school was June 4. It doesn't seem like that long ago that we were taking her on the first day, and having ice cream afterwards. Actually, we celebrated the last day of school with ice cream too. :0) Here is Elliott, thoroughly enjoying her first ice cream cone. (Of course she has eaten ice cream before but always in a cup.)



I am so proud of my kindergarten graduate! She has become so much more confident and brave this year. Of course I am also proud that she learned to read, and loves to write, and her teacher calls her a scientist, but for her, the progress she has made socially is most impressive.

Abbey has showed us how brave she is becoming a couple of times lately. The day after school let out, we took her camping overnight with my mom and stepdad- without Mommy or Daddy. (A post about that coming soon, I promise.) Then the next week, Abbey was at the mall with Nana and Les when she saw "a jumping thing" that she really wanted to do. My mom called me to ask if it was okay, but I just couldn't picture what she was talking about, and decided I wanted to be there for Abbey to participate. So on Monday we headed back to the mall. I wasn't sure about letting this man strap my 6-year-old into a harness and let her jump almost up to the second story of the mall, but she wanted to do it, and I felt like I should encourage her to be brave!

Abbey gets ready. I made darn sure he double checked everything.


Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!


It looks like she is parachuting back to earth.

Here is a short, and sideways, video of it.


I still can hardly believe she wanted to jump like that, and with strangers watching her, but I am glad she enjoyed it. Way to go Super Abbey!

2 comments:

Mum-me said...

Oh that looks like fun - T want a go!

Congratulations on the big graduation from kindy, Miss Abbey!

Heather said...

Ummmm...whoa! I cannot believe she wanted to do that...NOT ME! Way to be SO BRAVE, Abbey...and Mom for letting her! :)