Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Building a Bookshelf and More

The problem with blogging about such beautiful, entertaining, and always-well-behaved girls is that one can run out of words to describe their perfection.
Ha ha ha ha ha ha!
Just kidding. The only problem with blogging about my children (who really are beautiful and entertaining) is that when I do not blog for three weeks a few days my mother harasses gently reminds me about it. So, this one's for you, Mom!
Abbey asked for her drink in a "party glass" one afternoon. I finally figured out she meant this plastic margarita glass, which I'm pretty sure has never been used for a margarita. I am glad that no one from church, or child protective services, showed up while she was using it.

It was 5 o'clock somewhere...



Elliott helped me and Chad to assemble the bookshelf we bought at IKEA. IKEA assembly instructions do not have words, only pictures, maybe to make them more internationally useful. You can guess how much fun this is to figure out with a 2-year-old "helper" around.

Hmmmmm......

Fit it "just so" on the pegs, then hammer with your talking "Pat" hammer from Handy Manny.


Elliott and the finished product.



Click on the picture to see our Asian knick-knacks.
Top shelf: Indonesia and India
Middle shelf: Japan
Bottom shelf: Korea, Okinawa, and Guam
And yes, Chad has been to all those places.


And to really make it up to my mom, here is a short but funny video. Notice how quickly their sisterly love is forgotten...



2 comments:

deatra said...

Ahhhhhhh, got my fix...all is forgiven. Gracias!

jordan said...

I love that video...if it was just a little darker, I would have thought I was watching my own girls.
Also, I never saw all of your Asian knick knacks. They look great on the new shelf.