Monday, January 18, 2010

What's Up, Abbey?

Time for an Abbey update! Abbey is over halfway through kindergarten and enjoying it. Though she still moves slowly in the morning and is sometimes cranky after school, she has improved greatly on both fronts since the beginning of the year and I rarely hear "I don't wanna go to school" anymore. She is doing well in all areas and is thisclose to reading on her own. It's so exciting to see her learning to read! Her teacher calls her a little scientist: she is meticulous and examines things and enjoys science activities at school. (And here I thought she was examining every piece of food I give her just to drive me crazy.) I finally got around to going through all her papers from the first half of the school year and scanned several of them to keep. Here are a couple of my favorites.

This is Abbey's favorite thing to draw- herself, or me, walking the dog.


I asked what the picture was and she told me, "It's you, in the car, Yelling Yield!" I'm so busted.


Abbey loved everything about Christmas and was sad when it was over. Here she is on Christmas morning. If you look closely (or enlarge the picture) you can see she has arranged some tiny toys on the plate, I'm sure in her mind they were acting out some scenario. She will do this for hours- with the dollhouse family, My Little Ponies, stuffed animals, toy cars, no one is safe! And don't you DARE try to move anyone after she has them all set up, or you will ruin EVERYTHING!
A few more random pictures of my silly, sweet, funny, bossy, biggest girl.

Happy (but a little shy) at her class Christmas party.

You better believe she crawled on the floor and meowed about everything until I made her wash this off.

I'm so pink! And so silly!


5 comments:

Mum-me said...

I love seeing children's drawings. My girls like o draw the same picture over and over for a few weeks.

Shelly said...

Such a pretty girl! I'm glad she's turned a corner about not wanting to go to school. And I love the pic on Christmas morning. She's got an imagination. That is GREAT!

deatra said...

I love the little toys placed on the plate. We found several little Christmas decorations of ours all lined up around a coaster on a bookshelf after y'all left!

deatra said...

I love the little toys placed on the plate. We found several little Christmas decorations of ours all lined up around a coaster on a bookshelf after y'all left!

jordan said...

That yield picture is hilarious! And Abbey looks so sweet and grown up. I can't wait to see you all again.