Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Random Pictures

Apparently I have been too busy living my life to blog about it! Or maybe I have just been trying to get more sleep.
So I went to Nashville. On an airplane. Without my children. I didn't know whether to have a panic attack (because they were not with me) or relax (because they were not with me). In the end, it was neither. I did not freak out (although apparently poor Abbey did after we said good-bye) but I didn't get much time to relax either. I was at the MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) Convention in Nashville, Tennessee and we were busy! I heard some great speakers, went to some good workshops and got to worship with over 3000 other women, led by Matt Redman! It was awesome. It was also a great opportunity for our steering team to get to know each other better and come up with some great ideas for our MOPS group. I feel kind of bad that I went to a new city and didn't see any of it, but there just wasn't time. I did see the Grand Ole Opry from a distance but it didn't really look "grand" enough to walk all the way over there. By the way, did you know it's pronounced Op-ry like op-era and not Op-ry like Op-rah? Probably you did, but I did not, and my steering team buddies enjoyed reminding of that several times.
While I did not panic, I did miss my family and was so happy to see them when I got home. Look at this fantastic welcoming committee!
Love them.

And a couple of other random pictures.


Elliott had to really get into character to watch Mickey Mouse Club House.

Abbey wuz here.
She set her friends up to have an educational day of their own while she was at school. If you look closely, you can see they are reading in Japanese and English.

6 comments:

Flip-flop Mama said...

Glad you didn't have a panic attack! I may have :) And yes, I knew how to pronounce opry :)

bcstark said...

Glad your trip went well! I was kind of sad to miss the MOPS convention this year.

Love your welcoming committee pic - I'm sure they were glad to have you home.

Mum-me said...

Glad you got to have some child-free time! You certainly deserve it after 4 months on your own.

Shelly said...

So was this your first time away from them? What a sweet welcoming committee they were! I'm glad you had a safe trip...with no panic attacks!

Stephenie said...

When Josiah was a toddler, I left him at home in Okinawa to fly to Tokyo for BSF regional leadership training. I freaked out. And I hardly saw Tokyo then, either. But at least the pronunciation of "Opry" was not a stumper. And I still remember the moment of coming home and holding him and smelling him as the sweetest thing ever.

jordan said...

I think I will be laughing at you for pronouncing Opry like Oprah for a long time. I am impressed that you told the world of your mistake...and of being brave enough to go away without your kids!