Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Three Hundred!

Happy three hundred posts to me! (Three hundredth?) And a big thank you to those of you who like to keep up with the Newman Girls on the Go. Way back when I started this blog in September 2007 my babies looked like this...

... and now they are not-so-much babies and look like this.

They still like to lounge together, some things never change.



And Elliott sometimes looks like this.

Also, it has been a year since we moved to Texas from Japan! We are glad to live in a city where, a year later, we are still checking out new things. After all, that's what the girls on the go like to do. These pictures are from Labor Day, when we headed to the Japanese Tea Garden. Appropriate, don't you think?

Let's go!

(Yes, I know it says "Chinese Tea Garden" but you will just have to believe me that it's Japanese. Or if you don't believe me you can read about it here.) It was so pretty there. Now you have to understand that this year San Antonio has been experiencing a "historic drought." (And if I hear another TV weatherman say that I am going to throw something at the TV.) Everything is dead and brown. It really gets to you after a while! So to visit someplace full of greenery and water was... aaaaaaaaaaaaaah. So nice.
Abbey said, "I am the queen and this is my palace. You can come visit me."


The view from the top. Go ahead, enlarge the picture.

The queen.

The view of "the palace" from the bottom.


All the steps to climb and bridges to cross were Elliott's favorite part. I love that about her.


Abbey loved all the flowers and the pond. I love that about her. :0)

The girls were most disappointed they couldn't feed the koi or the turtles, but settled for perching on the VERY EDGE and making me nervous instead.

A waterfall! Ooooooh.


So peaceful and serene... until Elliott scraped her knee...


Dad on the Go with his girls.
While we were wondering around the garden, my friend Ashley called, and we ended up meeting her and her kids down the street at a park. But not just any park- it had a train! The train ride took us all around the park, then we explored the park and had a picnic.

The Lukey J. Yep, only in Texas.


Jon, Abbey and Isabel enjoy the ride.

"Let's see how long we can walk here without Mom telling us to get away from the edge."

Feeding the ducks was another highlight of the day. Sweet girls. Abbey was "rooting for the under-duck" and trying to throw all her food to the little ducks on the outside.

It was a great day, and to me was representative of our first year in San Antonio. We found something new to do, our friends were there just when we needed them, and it was hot and sunny!

4 comments:

Flip-flop Mama said...

Happy 300th! I should go to the Japanese Gardens here sometime and take pics for you :)

Shelly said...

What awesome pictures! Thanks for sharing those. Is San Antonio seriously having a drought? Forgive my ignorance, but we are DROWNING in the metroplex. It's crazy. If it makes you feel any better, days of rain are probably just as depressing as days of drought. At least they are for me right now. :-( On the upside, they have brought in a cool breeze...a little preview of fall....nice.

Shelly said...

Oh, and I can't believe you have posted 300!!!! Congratulations to you! There was a lot of wit and humor that went into those 300...I only wish I had been "On The Go" with you from the beginning!

debi9kids said...

OMGOSH! It's been so long since I have stopped by (I'm sorry about that) and what a fabulous post to visit on! Happy 300! What a wonderful milestone :)
The gardens look just gorgeous! And, as always, the girls are beautiful!