You may be asking, Who is Little Buddy? Little Buddy started his life as a fast food kid's meal toy from the movie Surf's Up, which we have never watched. He was actually in a box marked "garage sale" before this. When Chad was getting ready to leave, I wanted him to take a little toy to be in pictures, so that when he sent us pictures it would be more exciting to the girls than just Daddy and a bunch of people we don't know. The penguin was the perfect size to fit in Chad's cargo pocket, he is cute, and no one was already emotionally attached to him, so off he went. Unfortunately, Chad was not able to send us pictures the whole time he was gone, which was disappointing. But Little Buddy still helped us stay in touch. Sometimes when Chad would call, Abbey would be grumpy about talking to him on the phone. But if I could just get the phone up to her ear and she could hear Daddy talking about what Little Buddy was up to, she would smile and talk to him! When I look at these pictures, I laugh at how silly they are, but I also get tears in my eyes thinking about a Daddy and his girls and how much they missed each other. I'm so glad a little stuffed penguin could help keep them connected. Please watch the slide show, and enjoy!
Four Months. Seven countries. One very special Penguin.
![]() |
| Make a Smilebox slideshow |

5 comments:
Great slideshow. Love the one where Little Buddy is wearing the lifejacket, and 'helping' to play the drums!
That's a great idea too, to take a little toy. I might try that next time HB goes away because sometimes the girls are reluctant to talk to him on the phone and I can see how it would/could help things along.
Oh, I love it! What a great story, what a great idea, and what a wonderful daddy to carry Little Buddy all those places with him and have pictures made with him! Welcome home, Little Buddy!
I can always count on a good laugh with your blog. I love it! I love it all! I love the melt-down picture of A and I love the backpack and backwards shoes pic of E. (They are backwards, right?) Too cute! And the Little Buddy chronicles are hysterical! What a great idea and what a great sport Chad is! I can't remember...are you a scrapbooker?? You should be. You are too creative! I hope the meltdowns melt away. It's hard on those poor babies. I don't blame her! I meltdown after a long day of work (at home) too sometimes! :-)
Chad should get some special medal for doing that...I wonder how many people in seven countries think he is nuts!
Little Buddy reminds me of Flat Stanley! Do you remember doing those in elementary school? I like the 3 dimensional version better. Chad is a precious father to share his tight quarters with a reminder of his girls at home. That was a great idea to help keep the family connected, and the way it helped on phone calls was a great bonus. You really should be writing for a Parenting magazine with some of your great tips!
Post a Comment