Abbey and Elliott had gotten it in their minds that they needed to wear a different costume to each Halloween even they attended. This was fine with me, as long as everything came out of their dress up clothes and they didn't expect me to buy or make 3 costumes each!
First, here they are getting ready to trick or treat on Halloween night. We missed going around with Chad but had fun with some friends.
All hail the Pink Princess and Cinderella!
(And yes, we can comfortably trick or treat in short sleeves and sandals.)
The first event we were going to was a neighbor's kid-friendly Halloween party. We had so much fun getting ready for this together! We didn't really do much until that morning and I think rushing around to get everything ready make it more fun. (Note: Waiting until the last minute does not make school projects more fun.)
A beautiful Snow Fairy
Mulan, Chinese warrior princess
Abbey's costume consisted of a furry cape, sparkly tutu and accessories that were already in their dress-up clothes; her own snowflake print leggings; and a t-shirt that we designed and made 1 hour before the party! We made a masking tape design of a snowflake on a shirt then I used silver fabric spray paint and peeled off the tape when it was dry. Elliott made a great Mulan, look at her with that fan! I have always loved Mulan because she is tough and smart and funny, much like Elliott. We attached their Mushu dragon to her kimono belt and twisted her hair into a cute little bun with a flower clip.
And somehow, they convinced me to dress up too. I didn't have a costume, but I did have things Chad has brought us from all over the world- part my hair down the middle and I'm a hippie!
Peace out, man!
(Shirt from India, purse from Kyrgyzstan, bracelet from Panama.)
Oh, and candy. Lots and lots of candy.
Happy Halloween!
No comments:
Post a Comment