Wednesday, September 5, 2012

First Day of School!

Yes, it's back to school for the Newman Girls on the Go. I think we were all as ready as we were going to be! We had talked about it, read books about it, bought and labeled all the school supplies, and even practiced eating lunch from lunch boxes. This is the first year Elliott is eating lunch at school so I thought it would help to do a trial run. She was very excited about unpacking all of her lunch just like Abbey. 


Regular food is more exciting in Tupperware containers!
(Please excuse Chico under the table. I think he is yawning.)

Meet the Teacher night was a big relief for all of us. Not only did we relocate all the piles of supplies that were taking over the house, we met the very nice ladies that will be teaching Abbey and Elliott this year. Finally the big day arrived and both girls were out of bed as soon as the alarm went off! 


Abbey, First day of Third Grade!

Elliott, First day of Kindergarten!


I was SO proud of both girls. Abbey went right in to her classroom without being nervous. She has grown so much over the last three years to be able to do that! And though Elliott admitted she had a slight case of "the jitters" she gave me a big hug and got in line with her class without a tear or even a scared look. After some of the parent paparazzi died down, I peeked my head in to her classroom. She was sitting calmly at her table, listening to the teacher. Great job Elliott! 
Then I went home, laid on the couch, caught up on my soaps, and ate bon-bons all day.
Not really. 
I did go out to breakfast with some other moms, but then spent the day like I have spent every day since- running errands and doing a million things around the house. So the next person who wants to ask me what I'm doing with all my "free time," just don't ask, now you know. 
After school we celebrated a good first day with ice cream. They both had lots of good things to tell me about their teachers and classmates and fun things they were doing. Elliott was especially excited about getting to go to "specials" like art, music, computer, and PE.


My big kindergartner 


My proud third grader

Great job girls! We are all looking forward to hearing about the new things they will learn and meeting the friends they will make this year.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Bethany....where did your babies go? WOW...I cannot believe how grown up your girls are looking...and both girls in school! Goodness. Hope they have a great school year.

Heather said...

Bethany...where did your babies go! The girls look so grown up...and both of them in school, WOW! I hope they have a great year! Happy bon-bon eating! ;0)