Ta Daaaaa!
After a gingerbread cookie fiasco last year, I decided to keep our treat making simple. Here we are decorating pre-made sugar cookie dough with colored sugar and sprinkles. They were cute and the girls were happy. We also made peanut butter cookies with chocolate kisses, and later the girls did get to cut out some gingerbread angels with Nana.
Cookies!
One of our family traditions is attending Chad's holiday concert. This was the first year that I took both girls without other adults and I wasn't sure how squirmy, busy Elliott would do. She was definitely squirmy and busy, but thankfully also quiet, and we made it through. It was a good show and we are always so proud of Daddy when he's up there playing the drums!
Both girls enjoyed their class Christmas parties- actually Elliott got to attend and enjoy both of them! I am thankful that they both have made friends in their classes and are having a good school year. We were all so ready for a break from school! A few days into the break, Chad's mom, aka Gran-San, and her mom, Bobbie, came for a short visit. The girls loved having them here! They read together, did puzzles, played school, and taught Gran-San how to play "Just Dance" on the Wii.
Chad, Abbey, Sandy and Bobbie- December 2011.
After they went home, we just had a few more days until The Big Day. We spent those days doing last minute shopping (most of our gift shopping is usually at the last minute), making more treats, and going to Sea World. There were other activities I wanted to do with the girls leading up to Christmas, but there's only so much that can be squeezed into December before it stops being fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment