We pulled out a bead kit that Abbey had bought with some birthday money but never had time to get into during the school year. She made a few items for herself and a bracelet to go with a birthday present for a friend.
Working on a highly valuable piece of jewelry. The trick is to tape one end of the string to something so the beads don't go everywhere!
Elliott, hard at work. The small beads were tricky for her, but she kept trying!
Another day, another craft: stamping and coloring with markers.
One morning we went to Artworks with some new friends. The girls like all the art centers there, but painting is always one of their favorites. Elliott made the two on the left, and Abbey's is on the right. Elliott put the letters of her name in her middle picture. There was a story to go with each one. Up above you can sort of see the paper plate birds they made at a library story time about the Dr. Seuss story "Gertrude McFuzz."
Our gallery of masterpieces.
2 comments:
We love summer art too! It looks like your girls are having a fun and busy summer. I'm glad the hair pulling out is being kept to a minimum, I hope I will be so lucky!
I love their artwork, and especially Elliott's name in her painting!
Post a Comment