Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Trick or Treat

I have a love/hate relationship with Halloween. On one hand, I love getting my kids dressed up and seeing other kids in their costumes. And of course the candy. But on the other hand, if you aren't going to a party or a fun event in your costume, trick or treating is kind of anticlimactic and you have to see adults and older kids in their disgusting inappropriate costumes. Anyway...

This year Halloween was on a Sunday at the end of a very busy weekend. We had been out past normal bedtime already on Friday and Saturday, and Chad and I spent all of Sunday afternoon assembling new beds for the girls, which of course took much longer than we expected! So we were a little rushed eating dinner and getting costumes on, which led to Elliott not wanting to wear her fairy wings, but instead to grab every random dress-up item she could find and put it on. Without further ado, I present to you the Beautiful Cowgirl and the (Wing-less) Rainbow Fairy!


Ta-Da!


Cowgirl Abbey is ready to hit the trail.

Rainbow dress? Check. Tutu? Check. Necklace, wand, sunglasses and pumpkin bucket? Check! Who needs wings when you've got bling?!


And if for some strange reason you remember that Abbey was a cowgirl last year as well, and you want to compare, here you go!

No comments: