Abbey started reading last year in kindergarten. She read some over the summer but it wasn't her favorite thing to do, and I didn't push it. But when school started this year she really took off! The curriculum used at her school assesses the kids every 8 weeks and puts them in a reading class based on ability. Bragging alert: She moved up to a second grade level reading class after the first 8 weeks. :0) What I think is the greatest about her reading is not that she can read well, but how expressive she is- it's actually enjoyable to listen to! Apparently Elliott thinks so too- there are many mornings when I go in and find them like this.
I love this picture- the collection of various baby dolls and blankets, Elliott wearing those moose pajamas that Abbey used to wear, and that Abbey (my sweet pink girly girl) is reading Purplicious to Elliott (my powerful purple girl).
And in case you were wondering how to test out a new mattress, let them demonstrate for you.
Despite what these pictures may lead you to believe, they don't wear pajamas all the time, though Abbey would like that. Elliott, on the other hand, must put on her clothes as soon as she gets out of bed! Even if it is 6:00 AM on Saturday! They are so different, and yet alike in a lot of ways, and I love them both.
5 comments:
How great that Abbey loves reading. Mouse also likes to read to her little sisters, and they enjoy it too.
(And if you think what you wrote was bragging, I blush to imagine what you must think of my semi-annual 'achievement' posts!!)
I love these pictures! It's always nice to catch the kids being nice to each other. I always get sentimental when Owen ears something that used to be Collin's. They just grow up so fast.
cute! Congrats, Abbie! I hear you on the 6 am wakeup on Saturday? Why, why, why?
I love the pictures, especially seeing Abbey reading to Elliott. I have a question though. What kind of mattress are they trying out?
It is a regular mattress, sort of. We got it from Wal-Mart to use on the new bed. It comes compressed and rolled up, and you let it "rise."
Post a Comment