Friday, February 12, 2010

Texas State Aquarium

Chad and I finally recovered from our last hotel stay (which was six months ago) and took the girls on an overnight trip to Corpus Christi. We got on the road later than we wanted to, so everyone was tired and ready to get to bed at the hotel. And by "everyone" I obviously mean me and Chad because Abbey and Elliott went bonkers as soon as we got there! What is it about kids and hotels?! It took Elliott for-ev-er to fall asleep.
The next morning we took full advantage of the complimentary breakfast. (Sure, I'm going to eat this banana in the hotel, I'm not sticking it in my bag for later or anything.) Then we practically drove right into the Gulf of Mexico to visit:


Thanks, Vanna.

We had a good time, well, maybe not Elliott, but when you are a tired 2 year old, nothing sounds fun, not even a dolphin show and touching stingrays.

I'm trapped in the fish tank!


And so is Abbey!



We enjoyed seeing the dolphin training show up close.


Abbey touched the stingray! I said it felt sort of like a mushroom. Later, she got confused and said it felt like a muffin.

This was one of Chad's favorite parts of the day.

Spreading their wings before the "Wild Flight" show.



"Mommy look!! Dolphins!!"


Short sleeves and sunshine in February- gotta love south Texas.

Everybody look like you're having fun!
We ended the day by visiting some family who lives in town, but for some reason, there are no pictures of that! It was a good day and we're looking forward to going back.

1 comment:

Flip-flop Mama said...

Corpus Christi is somewhere I only DREAM of going this time of year! I'm jealous