Disclaimer: Chad is wearing ridiculous sunglasses in these pictures. I am aware of the problem and I'm working to find a solution. Thank you for your patience during this scary sunglasses time.
We really like the San Antonio Zoo. One of the cool benefits of our zoo membership is that during the summer we can go in as early at 7:30 AM. So yesterday we did our best to beat the heat and got there around 8:30. When we asked the girls what animals they wanted to see, Abbey said the lory birds, and Elliott said hippos and snakes. Um, okay...
This is inside the Africa Live exhibit. You can see the hippos up close! Usually they are being lazy and just floating around (if I were that big I suppose that is all I would want to do too) but we saw them coming out for the morning and they were much more active. After all that talk about hippos, Elliott was a little scared of the giant animal swimming right by her face, which is why she is not in this picture!
We really like the San Antonio Zoo. One of the cool benefits of our zoo membership is that during the summer we can go in as early at 7:30 AM. So yesterday we did our best to beat the heat and got there around 8:30. When we asked the girls what animals they wanted to see, Abbey said the lory birds, and Elliott said hippos and snakes. Um, okay...
This is inside the Africa Live exhibit. You can see the hippos up close! Usually they are being lazy and just floating around (if I were that big I suppose that is all I would want to do too) but we saw them coming out for the morning and they were much more active. After all that talk about hippos, Elliott was a little scared of the giant animal swimming right by her face, which is why she is not in this picture!
After seeing the hippos and snakes for Elliott, we headed over to Lory Landing. Abbey rode in style.
(Don't say I didn't warn you about the sunglasses.)
This is the second time we have fed the lories- and this time none of them pooped on us! You have to pay for the nectar, so we don't do it every time we visit the zoo, but it is worth it for pictures like these. Lories love Chad!
Abbey laughed and laughed at the silly birds. She didn't even mind when this one perched on her head to finish his snack.
Wait... Lory Landing... now I get it.
Our last stop was the butterfly exhibit. You walk in to a greenhouse type building and they are everywhere! A "butterfly interpreter" (that is really what her name tag said) helped Abbey get this guy on her finger, and is rode around with her for quite a while!
It was a fun morning. It is so nice to
7 comments:
Looks like great fun at the zoo! I bet it is nice to have Chad to share these moments with the girls (with the added bonus of stroller-pusher).
What a fun family outing. How special to have a butterfly ride on your finger.
I love feeding the lorikeets, even if I do sometimes get pooped on.
your last line is hillarious:)
You are too funny! I'm so glad Chad is back home with you....now take the boy sunglasses shopping. *grin*
We will definitely be doing some sunglasses shopping. Those are free from the Air Force sunglasses, and it was great for him to have them on his trip- who cares if they get lost? But I told him they were only for Central America, not for use in the USA! Obviously he didn't listen, but he will soon. :0)
I'm so glad Chad is home. Everyday must feel like a vacation in comparison.
I love the look on Abbey's face when sitting on her Daddy's shoulders...like she is just where she belongs, finally!
Post a Comment