The other morning Chico started us off with one of these moments. Chico is absolutely crazed when it comes to his food. Every meal of his entire life he acts like he hasn't eaten in days. One morning I let him out the back door and helped Elliott scoop some food into his bowl. The short version of the story is that when he came back in, instead of calmly walking to his bowl and eating his breakfast, he bulldozed his way inside, skidded across the floor, knocked over the 20 pound dog food container, which flipped his food bowl over, and the noise made Elliott start crying.
But finding this one on the camera later was pretty funny.
That night I walked into my bathroom and nearly stepped on one of Abbey's works of art:
After I regained my balance I had to laugh.
(I think Elliott had been playing with the toys in the morning while I was getting ready, and at some point Abbey came in and rearranged everyone. She leaves little set ups like this all over the house.)
And this was just funny even in the moment:
Elliott insisted on wearing these striped leg warmers all day (with shorts). Even when we went to the doctor and parked a mile away and had to be outside in the heat. Apparently she was freezing because the temperature briefly dropped below 100 degrees.
If you have a good "funny later" story, please leave a comment and share!
4 comments:
At risk of alienating my children I will share one of our funniest. I dare anyone to top this. Susanna was at that stage of loving to take off her own diaper, and had done so in the living room. Meanwhile Rachel is preparing to go roller skating by putting on her skates in the house. By the time we were aware of these concurrent events, the diaper had been skated through, and the messy contents skated into the carpet in various locations. Oh well, we were planning to pull that carpet up anyway, so we did, and have had hardwood floors ever since. But we do laugh...
I agree. Andrea's is hard to top.
Well, let's see...Sophia has had "the green pen incident," "the vaseline incident," "the red ink incident," and "the leaking diaper meets the new flip flops incident." The first was the worst because it was at my grandmother's house and green ink covered EVERYTHING in my grandmother's bedroom. And the last one got me a spot bot, because I called my husband crying while Sophia was in the bath and I didn't know how to go about cleaning up such a disastrous mess.
These incidents helped me to realize that although she was only 2 at the time, she was done with naptime! I am SO hoping that her sister will not have so many "funny" moments. And for the record, all of those items were thought to be out of her reach!
It's great how [some] dog messes tend to clean themselves up. It looks like you have a shutter bug in your hands.
Post a Comment