Devine Acres is a family-owned Christmas tree farm that is about an hour outside of San Antonio. We have visited two other "pumpkin patches" (though none of them actually grow pumpkins) in past years so decided to give this one a try.
First order of business was doing something about those naked wooden scarecrows! Abbey and Elliott made sure to get the girly-est clothes in the bucket so their scarecrows could be pretty.
Even scarecrows need accessories, like a pink bandanna...
... or a colorful scarf.
Next up both girls picked out and painted their pumpkins.
Their pumpkins actually turned out really cute. Unfortunately, I did not take a picture of them before we came home. And in their bag in the car, the pumpkins lost a lot of their paint. I guess when the paint dried it cracked and just came off. The girls were sad but they did enjoy painting them!
There were lots of activities at the farm, some included in the price and some costing extra. Since fishing was free, we gave it a try, but none of us had the patience to do it for long.
"Mommy! The fish are not eating! When are they going to eat it?"
We all had a good laugh at me trying to pedal one of these tricycles. Sorry, no pictures of that, but here's Elliott leaving me in the dust.
We went on a hayride through the farm and saw many of the Christmas trees they are growing. The little ones are so cute! Now Abbey wants a live tree this year.
We also fed the goats, saw rabbits and pot-bellied pigs, checked on the chickens and ducks, and visited the horse and donkeys. We ran through a small hay bale maze, played on the playground and ate lunch. And of course, no visit to the farm would be complete without a ride in the barrel train! They were excited to ride, and I was excited that they are old enough I don't have to ride with them anymore!
It was a fun ride!
3 comments:
Your description of Autumn and Spring match ours here in Brisbane. (I do miss Canberra where the seasons were distinct, but I don't miss the cold.)
I enjoyed reading about your day. Lots of great activities for the girls and it looked like they had a fun time. Mousie was mystified "Why are they painting pumpkins?" That's just not something we do here in Australia.
I love your weather descriptions! :-)
I love your weather descriptions. :-)
Post a Comment