Whenever people comment on how calm or quiet or well-behaved my daughters are, I thank them... and laugh to myself! Because while Abbey and Elliott can be that way, they are also very normal kids who do not act that way all the time. Elliott is especially good at fooling her teachers into thinking that she enjoys sitting still. At home she is wiggly, fidgety, jumpy, and a bit clumsy. Sitting through a meal with her can be frustrating and messy. So imagine how pleasantly surprised I was to watch her during her music recital- she was calm and focused the whole time!
Not at all nervous and ready to play!
Playing the bells with the rest of the class
Here is Elliott playing "Little Dance", with and without accompaniment:
Elliott and her sweet teacher, Miss Anita
I am so thankful that a friend told us about this music class back when Abbey was in kindergarten. It has been a great experience for both of my girls. I am sad that they will not be in this class anymore, but I know that they both have a great musical foundation to build on and I'm excited to see what they do next!
5 comments:
Beautiful playing, Elliott!
Beautiful playing, Elliott!
just beautiful! you must be so proud.
How cute is she?! She is so sweet! Also, at least your girls are able to 'trick' people into thinking they can be calm and quiet. My boys aren't fooling anyone. :-)
Well done Elliott! I will show Tessa the video as I know she will be impressed.
Post a Comment