It's Leap Year! Which means Abbey gets to have a REAL birthday!
So happy to be eight!
The only bad thing about Abbey's Leap Year birthday this year was that it was a school day. But since she knew I was bringing cupcakes in the afternoon, she was okay with it. Unfortunately I had forgotten that there are 24 kids in Abbey's class, and every single one of them was there that day, which meant there was not an extra cupcake for Elliott. Abbey graciously agreed to share hers with Elliott, once I promised them both ice cream after school.
Being silly with her teacher while the class sang to her.
Cupcakes with homemade very pink frosting!
Back at home we had some ice cream to make up for the cupcake debacle, and got down to business- opening presents. Abbey started reading the American Girls series of books last year and has wanted an AG doll for a long time. She got the one she had chosen, along with some accessories for the doll. Thanks to all our family members that pitched in for this
Abbey and Molly
I can hardly believe it has been eight years since my blue-eyed, BROWN-haired baby insisted on joining the world on Leap Year. She is so special and I'm so glad to be her mom!
3 comments:
Happy 2nd Birthday Abbey! Mousie said to tell you she hopes you had a great day, and she likes your new doll.
(I know you're 8 years old, but it's only your 2nd REAL birthday, right? My mother just celebrated her 16th birthday, but she's actually 64 years old!)
What a beautiful 8-year-old smile!! And I'm sure Molly will have many wonderful new adventures in Texas.
Happy Birthday Abbey! Sophia has a classmate with the same birthday, so we talked about you and your special birthday a lot that day!
Post a Comment