Now for a happier change. Chad was promoted! He actually found out the positive results of his promotion exam last summer, but has had to wait to "sew it on" until now. The last time Chad was promoted he was on tour, so this was the first one of these ceremonies I have attended. It was across town at the Army post (despite the fact that all the promotees were Air Force, don't ask me why!) and I took the girls along. So, just getting there was an adventure. Then Chad asked us to come walk across the stage with him. Abbey was not thrilled but we did it and had our picture made with the General.
Although I will never, ever have a bumper sticker that says "I Love my Airman" I do love Chad and I am proud of him. Not just for doing well on his test and being promoted, but for being both a talented musician as well as a hard-working Airman.
I don't have any pictures right now of the biggest change of all. No, not another baby! We moved to a new house last week. Since this is a public blog I will leave it at that, but suffice to say, we are so happy, and also so sick of boxes! I am so thankful for my mom, and brother, and friends who helped us during all these exciting, busy, and stressful changes. I'm looking forward to this new chapter of our lives.
7 comments:
Congrats again to your whole family, both on the promotion and on surviving your recent move. Sending you lots of good wishes that the boxes will be gone soon and that the promotion does NOT mean more deployments!!
Two of my new friends here in Brisbane have husbands going away to 'play in the sand' for many months. I know they will rely on each other a lot, but I am also hoping I can help them both whenever possible. Having someone who can truly sympathize and understand is one of the best gifts.
Congrats on all of the changes!! (Well, except for the friends moving.) Hope you get all of the boxes unpacked soon!
So happy for all the wonderful news for your family! I'm sure you will love your new house and I can't wait to see pics. I'm sorry about your friends leaving, that's tough and I don't see how a person can ever get used to that. Your girls are beautiful as always. :-)
Good luck in the new house and congrats to Chad! How long until we get to see some photos of the new house?
Great pictures of the 4 of you and the girls with their friends!
It's SO hard to say goodbye to friends :(
Congrats on the promotion and the new home! (very exciting for you all)
Assuming this means you'll be staying "put" for a while?
I finally got the link for your blog on my iPod touch since it's almost all I use now! So happy to read and catch up! Miss and love you and can't wait to see pics of the new place! - Chea
Post a Comment